Yesterday, the joint hearing of Senate and House resources focused on:
- An update from Steve Butt, Senior Project Manager for AKLNG reviewing the Pre-FEED deliverables and summarizing the current status of the project.
- A presentation by David Barrowman of Wood Mackenzie, a global energy, metals and mining research and consultancy group, that provided the results of the Alaska LNG Competitiveness Study.
- Keith Meyer, President of AGDC, who gave a report on their view of the project in its current state and possible paths forward.
Click here to access all of the documents from yesterday.
Today, the hearing continues with the following line-up:
- Legal Discussion of State Tax-Exempt Status. Click here for the most up-to-date analysis of the issue.
- ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP Alaska
- Nikos Tsafos, enalytica (oil & gas consulting firm hired by the Legislature)
Nikos will be discussing the pros and cons of a state led project and different options for moving forward. This promises to be an incredible close to the hearings. His report and slide deck were posted here yesterday.
Watch the hearing live at 1pm on akleg TV: